Well, I absolutely love where I live!
For years I never even considered moving to this area, but now that I have I can't imagine living any where else at this time in my life!
I'm a ten minute walk to downtown, the library, a gorgeous park, the bus terminal - everything!
And there is so much to do around here! With summer coming up my city has free swimming at the outdoor swimming pool in Soper park on Friday afternoons, an outdoor movie night every Thursday and children's activities downtown on Wednesday with clowns and magicians and whatnot! Then, almost every Saturday there's an art festival, or music festival. The library always has events going on, and there's a farmer's market downtown, too!
We're always finding something fun (and free!) to do close to home that I rarely leave my neighborhood. Which is also gorgeous! I live in a neighborhood full of old, GIGANTIC, Victorian houses with manicured lawns and full gardens. Everyone stops to say hello and introduce themselves. It's far different than any other place I have lived and it's simply wonderful.
Now that a lot of things that seemed like problems to me before are out of the way, I can focus on making positive changes else where in my life.
- I've been eating healthier and going for walks every day.
- I spend my time reading, writing, learning how to use my camera in full manual mode and even drawing.
- I've applied to volunteer at my local library and hopefully that works out because it sounds like a lot of fun.
- I'm dealing with my college funding and preparing for this September.
- I am even going to see a counsellor temporarily to help me deal with the stress and anxiety of going to college, finding work and trying to make some major lifestyle changes.
Like my debt...
But one step at a time, right?
May has been an amazing month though. I can't quite explain it but I feel like I'm slowly changing to a happier person.