Last week I set a goal for myself to get out and walk/jog every day for at least a half an hour. To be honest, I did get outside every day but I didn't quite do it for the exercise. I don't even own running shoes!
Hear me out though!
- Monday was spent at the beach swimming.
- I walked to the library (which is a good 40 minutes there and back) on Tuesday.
- I walked to the grocery store (definitely half an hour) on Wednesday.
- Thursday we went to Soper Park and walked around where I took pictures of flowers, including the one here, and played in the stream.
- My mom took Sidney out on Friday and I caught up on reading and cleaning - but I didn't get outside much.
- Yesterday, which was Saturday, I was out all day! My Grandma picked us up and we took Sidney plus my two nieces to an indoor playground because it was raining, so again I didn't get out to walk around.
- I would like to think I made up for that today (Sunday) though. Nick, Sid and I went for a two hour long walk through the woods, came home for supper and then out to the park for half an hour. We had to leave early because it started to rain.
Maybe not my best effort, but I'm definitely going to continue to try and get out to walk more this next week.
Weekly Wishes #2: Organize My Bedroom!
I moved into my current apartment back in May of this year. I fell in love with it's century old charm and I couldn't wait to get settled in.
However, I still haven't really done anything with this place! My apartment is a big, unorganized mess and one of my goals for this summer is to get things organized before school starts.
Unfortunately what I lack is furniture and money to buy furniture. I've been thrift store shopping and yard sale hopping but I haven't found anything that I like enough to spend money on. I can't even find anything curbside worth picking up.
Since my living room is kind of small, my computer desk, books and hobby supplies have to fit in my bedroom. It's a big old junk fest in there right now. Well, for $30 I can pick up a bookshelf for my bedroom to help get my books and craft supplies organized. So that is my goal for the week!
I've been putting off this daunting task for three months! I'll be super proud of myself once it's completed. Seriously! I am a huge procrastinator which is why I was so eager to start linking up for these Weekly Wishes over at The Nectar Collective. Having to post my results is a huge motivator.
I had a blast reading what other people wrote last week and can't wait to see how they did, and what their next Weekly Wish will be!
Do you have a weekly goal you would like to accomplish? What is it?