|Be Happy and Smile!|
So I was sitting around this morning feeling like a loser. I checked my Etsy shop, blog, Hotmail and played around on Pinterest. I knew I had some stuff I needed to get done but I could do it later.
Then it finally dawned on me. There I was procrastinating again and feeling miserable with myself for it. But I just couldn't motivate myself to get off my butt and away from the computer and all I was doing was staring at it.
That's when I decided to open a new tab and Googled "how to make yourself happy." Weird, I know, but sometimes I need a little inspiration.
And this is what I did:
- I straightened my hair, washed my face and put on a little bit of make-up. At least then I didn't feel like a complete dirt-bag anymore.
- I threw in a load of laundry to feel productive.
- Grabbed my purse, went out and mailed an Etsy order.
- Bought a coffee because coffee tastes awesome and makes me happy.
- Then I went for a nice long walk around Riverside park. I allowed myself to forget about all the negative things in my life and forced myself to feel grateful for what I have.
- I even forced myself to smile the entire time. It felt very forced and very weird at first, but eventually I didn't have to force it so much.
And to be honest, I feel better now. I got my work out, sat down and got some stuff done!
Sometimes you just have to get up and do something else in order to be able to get your work done. Sitting in front of my computer screen wasn't forcing me to work. It was just making me miserable. By taking an hour to do other things I can now concentrate.
I'll have to do this more often.