|Valentine's Day Gift|
Valentine's Day... Blah
Okay, I'm going to be honest here.
I'm not against Valentine's Day, but I'm already sick of it. Every where online there have been pictures, quotes, blog posts and even Etsy has been going Valentine-Crazy since mid-January. The internet is more cluttered with Valentine's Day than any store I've been in.
Generally we don't do a lot for Valentine's Day. Restaurants are cramped, line-ups are ridiculous and there really is nothing romantic about having to wait an hour to do something only to be surrounded by hundreds of other couples.
Do you want to know what we do?
We don't buy presents.
- I like to make my family pancakes, with fresh fruit for breakfast.
- I bake a bunch of different cookies for Nick.
- Get Sidney a box of chocolates.
- Sometimes I make a card, or buy a Peanuts card.
And do you know what Sidney hands out at school? She doesn't hand out perfectly frosted cupcakes, handmade cards or anything fancy. She picks a box of cards from the store, we stick a heart shaped sucker on it and done.
I don't dress up.
- I don't wear pink, red or white. I don't dress different from any other day.
- Although I do dress Sidney up, because that's one of the pros to having a daughter.
We don't go out.
We don't go out for fancy dinners, or movie dates. I mean, we might make a fancy dinner and watch a movie. Or we might grab a Timmies coffee and walk through the park. I guess it depends what we're in the mood for on that day. As of right now, I have no idea what we're doing tomorrow.
We just enjoy each other's company.
But that's just me. I don't really make a big deal out of any holiday.
What do you usually do for Valentine's Day?