I was nomiated for a Liebster Award by Jennifer at My Own Green Grass and by Kari at Cupcakes and Bling. So, to keep things simple I'm going to do each one seperately - if that's allowed - to keep it less confusing when it comes to answering questions and such.
I will admit, I have never heard of this Liebster Award before today and I don't really know what it is. But, I will follow the instruction I'm given and continue on.
- If you are nominated you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
- You must answer 11 questions that the tagger has asked you.
- Then you must create 11 questions to ask the bloggers that you are nominating.
- The people you nomintae can not have more than 200 followers.
- After you have nominated them you must let them know!
- No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Cole:March 1 I wrote five random facts about me for a blog challenge I am doing through fabulousfindsbytiffany.com. However, I will write new exciting ones.
- I am absolutely terrified of aliens, which I realize is a ridiculous fear.
- Because of my fear of aliens it has taken me 7 years to get to 1/3 of the way through the book Communion: A True Story by Whitley Strieber. If you read my post on March 11 you might remember that I can't leave a book unfinished. Maybe I will finish this book before I am 40.
- I have a ton of freckles, and not a single birthmark. My daughter does not have any birthmarks either.
- I used to smoke before I found out I was pregnant. Since then I have grown a hatred towards smoking and possibly allergies. Cigarettes give me a sinus headache now.
- I have two pet rats named Lucy and Sissy. I wanted to own 12 rats and build a large, awesome cage for them until I found out I'm pretty much deathly allergic to rats. If I spend more than half an hour in the same room as them I won't be able to breath.
- My cousin and I caught squirrels with her dads fishing net when we were 5. We brought one to school and left it in her backpack until recess, at which point the teacher caught us feeding it and called her dad. Our classmates thought we were awesome.
- When I was 15 I took a bus to Niagara Falls from my home town (about a 2 hour drive) to meet a girl I met off the internet. Luckily she turned out to be who she said she was and not a psycho.
- I worked in the seafood department of a grocery store for more than a year and have probably killed thousands of lobsters, and gutted hundreds of fish. Looking back, I don't know how I did it.
- I have a tattoo of Betty Page on my back.
- I actually dropped out of school twice. Once before I got pregnant due to anxiety and depression. And then I went back the next semester and shortly afterwards found out I was pregnant.
- I'm fearing that I've said too much and all of you readers are thinking I'm a freak. Which is probably true.
Answers to Jennifer's Questions:What is your favorite body part?
I don't have a favourite body part. Right now my mind, and my body are trying to work things out after having been at war for years. But I'm learning to appreciate every part of my body for their functions.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
There is too much I want to learn. The biggest one though - I want to learn how to be a better writer. That is why I am going to college for Journalism :). I love researching and I love writing, and want to learn how to do it better.
When was the last time you had an amazing meal, and what was it?
I have amazing meals often, because my husband is an amazing cook. The last amazing meal was tonight's supper, vegetarian chili over macaroni.
What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Any favorite smells?
Vanilla, coconut and beer.
How often do you go over the speed limit?
I always go 5km over. Unless it's a school zone in which case I never speed.
Do you have a nickname?
My nickname is Cole. My full name is Nicole, but I don't care for the Ni.
What word describes you best?
What is a good place to travel but you would not want to live there?
A lot of places, because I only want to live in Canada but travel to many places. Particularly Ireland and England.
What TV show are you embarrassed about watching?
I'm not embarrassed - I like Being Human, Pretty Little Liars and all time favourite show is Six Feet Under!
Are you right handed or left?
I am right handed. Although, in grade six I broke my right arm and had to write with my left hand for several weeks and got pretty decent at it.
Answers to Kali's Questions:What is your must have beauty product?
I will admit that I am not a girly girl. Most days I don't even wear make-up, but I can not go a day without lotion/moisturizers.
Have you been to any fun vacation spots lately that you would go back to?
The only vacations I take are camping, and I go back every year! :)
Favorite all time movie?
Way too many to list. Here's a sample I posted on March 5.
If you could visit one place in the world, where would it be?
England, where my dad was born.
What is the craziest diet you've tried?
I've only ever tried one diet - The Extreme Fat Smash Diet. It didn't really work out.
What is the most valuable life lesson you've learned so far?
Being able to accept things as they are, and to be grateful for what you already have.
How long have you been blogging and what made you get started?
I started this blog in November. I wrote a post for this just on March 17.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Camping! Always camping. I love camping.
If you had to choose one store to shop in for the rest of the year, which one would it be?
For clothes, home decor, books, movies, and furniture I would say Value Village. But if it's just one store only I will say the grocery store because I love eating.
Favorite things to do on the weekends?
Relax. Chill. Do nothing. Or the exact opposite and go crazy! Mostly just spend time with the kiddo.
What were some of your New Years resolutions? And are you still working toward them?
My New Year's resolutions included something about being more organized and eating healthier. I am still working on those, I think it's a lifelong commitment for both.
Now I nominate:Lookingasuare
Holly - Book and Bird
Marium - Decorate Vintage
Jen - Sparklegirl
Darlene - Road to Inner Peace and Happiness
My Questions for Them:
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your dream career/job?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What makes you unique?
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Explain.
- What bad habit would you be willing to give up for $1000?
- What are you most proud of?
- What is a goal you are currently working towards?
- If you had to spend an entire day without technology, what would you do?
- Do you have any traditions? What are they?
Sorry for the lame questions, I can't say I'm very good at this.